Friday, March 25, 2011

IBJJF Pan Jiu-Jitsu Championship part2of2


What a great experience!

Silver! The score of the final match was 0-0 with no Advantages awarded. My opponent was very good and definitely more technically sound than myself. I am proud that even with all her knowledge I did not allow her to find a way to submit or score points.

Thank you to Fabricio Werdum and the Combat Team for all the coaching, training and support. A special thank you to Lucas Pires! I learn so much from you! I am truly grateful.

Also a big thanks to Andrew Hagar, Marcelo Crudele, Jill Morely, Kim Mills, Melissa Abad, Elani Streja.





Fight Psychology:

Lately I have been finding myself working on the right frame of mind to go for the Gold.  To be honest in my two No-Gi Jiu-Jitsu tournaments when leading up the final round I was already thinking that I have done pretty well all things considered; that Silver was good enough.

Now of course Silver is good enough.  But I do not believe it does me any service to think that way when I should be giving all I have to win the final round. That being said, I do believe that the losses I have would still have been losses even with a more positive competitive mindset.  The women that have won over me have been technically better, bigger, stronger.  They earned their wins.

So today I found myself pushing the mental side of my game.  Before each match I reminded myself that I came here to do all I could to take First Place. I needed to put into play that which has been taught to me to win one battle at a time. Though I did not do everything right, I did not do anything wrong. I was pleased that I was able to maintain a calm throughout and have fun.  I used my knowledge and physical abilities in the best way I could and I learned so much.  It is because of this that on this day, Silver is definitely Good Enough. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment